Lunch Break Science, presented by Bon Secours
Wednesdays, noon – 1 pm
Pack a lunch and join us. Museum scientists and others share easy to understand information on a wide range of science topics.
Lunch Break Science is presented by Bon Secours Richmond Health System.
- June 29, 2016 – Contacting the International Space Station: 100 Years in the Making presented by Bruce MacAlister and Tom Flippin from the Richmond Amateur Radio Club and Erika Carson, Lead Outreach Coordinator at the Science Museum of Virginia.
- July 6, 2016 – Infection Prevention in the Hospital presented by Gonzalo Bearman, MD, MPH, FACP, FSHEA and Richard P. Wenzel, Professor of Medicine Chair for the Division of Infectious Diseases and Hospital Epidemiologist at Virginia Commonwealth University.
- July 13, 2016 – The Virginia Wildlife Conflict Helpline presented by Jennifer Cromwell, Assistant State Director, USDA, APHIS, Wildlife Services.
- July 20, 2016 – The Monarch Butterfly presented by Katharine Snavely, Certified Virginia Master Naturalist and Science Museum of Virginia volunteer.
- August 3, 2016 – Bay 101 presented by Blair Blanchette, Virginia Grassroots Coordinator for the Chesapeake Bay Foundation.
- August 24, 2016 – The World of Breeding Shorebirds, Seabirds and Wading Birds in Coastal Virginia presented by Ruth Boettcher, Coastal Terrestrial Biologist for the Bureau of Wildlife Resources at the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries.
- August 31, 2016 – Wildlife Rehabilitation (Including Bats) presented by Bonnie Miles, Certified Virginia Master Naturalist and Permitted Wildlife Rehabilitator with the Virginia Department of Games and Inland Fisheries.
For more information, contact Chrissy Caldwell at 804.864.1401 or email@example.com.